Followers

Monday, January 9, 2023

Review: The Friendship Breakup

The Friendship Breakup The Friendship Breakup by Annie Cathryn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I ended up loving this book even though, at first, I didn't really like Fallon. And the rest of the women in this book? Oh, dear, what wonderful *ithches they were! Perhaps the reason I loved this book was because I'm older and have already lived through things like this?

This book ends up being a personal growth novel as well as a good gossipy back-stabbing *ithchy book. And let me tell you, sometimes I could really use a good one of those!

Fallon wonders what she has done to have her best friend ghost her, ignore her, yell at her, and take all her other friends away. At this point, I was snorting at the childishness of this, and then I though-oh, wait, that had happened to me too, and I did spend a lot of time worrying about what I had done to deserve treatment like this. So I could easily see myself in this position.

What we do eventually learn is that Fallon had a major issue when growing up that helps her be so unsure of herself.

Fallon has a wonderful hobby of making chocolates, so all you chocoholics may want to keep that in mind! She has a wonderful family, a great husband, and a good therapist, so that all helps, as well as Fallon making some new friends.

I think that this book is going to be going on my comfort read shelf for when I need a boost and some giggles,

*ARC supplied by the publisher Alcove Press, NetGalley, and the author Annie Cathryn.

View all my reviews

No comments: