Followers

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Review: The Quarantine Princess Diaries

The Quarantine Princess Diaries The Quarantine Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

We all know by the synopsis what this book is about. It's about Mia and her family and extended family living through the first year or so of Covid and being quarantined! This series has now been running for 22 years!

I thought this book was an adult novel, but I'm not sure. The character of Mia is so immature that I wondered if she had ever grown from her introduction to this series. When I looked this up to see how long this series had been running, I was amazed to see that the very first book was for kids 11 years old and up...it sure has changed since Mia is married. However, she still acts very immaturely, and I can't suspend my disbelief enough to envision her running a country.

The issues I had with this book are the massive amounts of politics, political correctness, wokeness, and anti-America/Americans are 'idiots' trope. This is from an author who was born in Indiana!

If you are totally left-wing, you will love this book-if you are very strongly right-wing, you may hate it. Hopefully, you are somewhere in the middle and will find you enjoy the messages you will receive from this novel.

These issues aside, it is a cute, fast-reading book for days when you don't want to overthink what you are reading.

*ARC supplied by the publisher, NetGalley, and the author.

View all my reviews

No comments: