Followers

Thursday, October 5, 2023

Review: Unnatural Death

Unnatural Death Unnatural Death by Patricia Cornwell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

To tell you the absolute truth about what I just read -it scares the dickens out of me. While this book starts off dealing with the unusual deaths of Huck and Brittany Mason, it is filled with so much more. You soon find out that the Mason's have become, well, let's just say they are not on the side of America.

Russia plays a nice little part in this novel, as well as China. In this political era, well, this era period, we seem to have a lot to be concerned about with both of those countries, and this book really caused me some anxiety!

Finding out who killed the Mason's was really interesting. However, I need to warn you that there is a lot of technical speak in this book, and if you are not up on the latest computer hacks, not up on AIor just a Luddite like I mainly am, you are going to find yourself getting lost and sometimes a tad bored.

We also found an old adversary of Kays showing up again, and I assume that this will follow in the next couple of books.

Yes, the murders of this couple do get solved, and in a spectacular, almost George Lucas kind of way.

Oddly, this slow-moving novel has several sections that will make you bite your nails. I neither loved nor hated this book, and I will probably be re-reading it to see if I change my opinion.

View all my reviews


SYNOPSIS:Two mauled bodies in the woods.  Top secret autopsies.  The most chilling cases of Scarpetta’s career.


In this thrilling new installment of Patricia Cornwell’s #1 bestselling Scarpetta series, chief medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta finds herself in a Northern Virginia wilderness examining the remains of two campers wanted by federal law enforcement.
 
The victims have been savaged beyond recognition, and other evidence is terrifying and baffling, including a larger-than-life footprint.  
 
After one of the most frightening body retrievals of her career, Scarpetta must discover who would commit murders this savage, and why."

No comments: