Followers

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Golden In Death (In Death, #50) by J.D. Robb

Golden In Death (In Death, #50)Golden In Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As the 50th book in this series, I expected just a tad more than I got. Although it was a thoroughly enjoyable read, It was relatively slow going with much of the book taken up by the first murder and not enough time is given to the next poisoning.

The evil character's really shone in this book, and I would have liked to have seen Eve and Delia spend more time on them.

I felt that this novel was more of a character-driven read than an action-driven one, but that was okay as I was able to learn a little more about my favorite team.

Ms. Robb kept true to her formula as far as sex goes, but still, something was missing in this book...I just can't put my finger on it.

For a fiftieth book, I just expected more, a bigger bang for my buck than the word Gold in the title and a golden egg in the story.

ARC supplied by the publisher.


View all my reviews

No comments: